Graduates of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program at the The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center will have a number of career options as technologists, supervisors, administrators, trainers, researchers, and sales representatives. Areas of employment include hospitals, clinics, private physicians’ offices, and industry.
Graduates may also choose to work as freelance sonographers for mobile services. Evaluation of the job market and a survey of employers indicate a strong demand for well-trained sonographers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- General Ultrasound
- Intro to Vascular Sonography
- Sonographic Physics
- Abdominal Ultrasound
- Sonography Lab
- Fundamentals of Writing and Critical Thinking
- Issues in Health Care Ethics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Human Medicine View 311 other Bachelors in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
- Required courses must be acceptable toward a major in the respective field of study. Survey courses will not fulfill these requirements.
- Candidates who completed the prerequisite courses seven or more years before admission may be required to update their academic skills. For specific information, contact the program director.
- A minimum overall grade point average and science (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale is required. Meeting the minimum criteria does not guarantee acceptance.
International16800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 USD per semester during 48 months.
National16800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State4400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2200 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.