From its inception, the Environmental Studies program of Bowdoin College anchors students in both interdisciplinary environmental studies and a recognized academic discipline. With the pairing of a department or program as a coordinate major, environmental studies students are trained to embrace interdisciplinary breadth and disciplinary depth. This combination underscores the mission of Bowdoin as a liberal arts college. ES graduates have long found that the coordinate major translates into success after Bowdoin in graduate or professional school, plus a wide range of professional opportunities.
The program's mission is to help students understand and respond wisely to environmental challenges facing the planet through rigorous training in the natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities and arts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Politics of Climate Change
- Ecology and Society
- Environmental Studies: Interdisciplinary Approaches
- Biogeochemistry: An Analysis of Global Change
- Plant Ecophysiology
- Human Population
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management Environmental Sciences View 224 other Masters in Environmental Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application and personal essay, application fee (nonrefundable) or fee waiver.
- Bowdoin Supplement
- Counselor Recommendation - Advisor's estimate of candidate's character and accomplishments
- Secondary School Report - Information concerning candidate's school offerings and environment
- Secondary School Record - Transcript
- Mid-Year Report OR official school transcript at Mid-Year - Report of mid-year grades and performance
- Teacher Evaluation - An evaluation completed by a teacher who has taught applicant either junior or senior year in an academic core subject
- Students whose first language is not English must submit official results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), from Duolingo English Test (DET) or from Cambridge English Assessment (CEA)
- Bowdoin accepts independent interviews from vendors, such as Initialview or Vericant, from our international applicants
International55822 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55822 USD per year during 48 months.
National55822 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55822 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.