Geology graduates from Appalachian State University have the field skills, core geologic knowledge and credentials to obtain a Professional Geologist license (PG), an essential certification for many jobs in the field of geology, especially those in the environmental industry.
Earth materials are in high demand even as green industries and environmental consulting expand, so there are many jobs available to our graduates. Approximately one-third of Department of Geological and Environmental Sciences graduates since 1998 are working in the environmental industry, mostly with environmental consultants but also with federal, state and local governments. The balance of our graduates are spread equally in education, both secondary and college, oil and mineral resources, and in graduate school.
Appalachian is committed to introducing students to different cultures and teaching them how to live and interact in a global society.
The Department of Geological and Environmental Sciences offers study abroad programs and has faculty involved in research on every continent – from the tops of mountains to the bottom of the ocean.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evolution of the Earth
- Preparation of Geologic Reports
- Principles of Structural Geology and Tectonics
- Fundamentals of Mineralogy
- Petrology and Petrography
- Sedimentology & Stratigraphy
- Geology Seminar or
- Summer Field Geology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology View 481 other Masters in Geology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A complete online application
- A non-refundable application fee of $65 (USD)
- Official high school/secondary school transcript
- Official test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, SAT or ACT)
- Official college transcripts
- Additional information if requested, upon submission of your application, by the Office of Admissions (This may include submitting a Criminal Background Check and Conduct Review as required by the UNC System.)
International19048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9524 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
National19048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9524 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
In-State4242 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2121 USD per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.