In the faculty-directed Players shows, students produce large-scale productions on the stage of the Weitz Center for Creativity Theater from genres pre-selected by a student committee. The department faculty works with officers on the student-elected Players board to coordinate this production every trimester.
- Many students also work outside of the officially organized productions with the Experimental Theater Board, Student Musical Theater, and other CSA-sponsored organizations, resulting in an often overwhelming number of theater opportunities every term.
- Studies in theater arts at Carleton College cover three main areas of theater: design and technical, acting and directing, and literature and criticism. Many of these courses are cross-listed with other departments.
- The Department of Theater and Dance is now housed in the new Weitz Center for Creativity where a theater is located along with a rehearsal room, scene shop and two dance studios.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Topics in Theater: Costume Design
- Costume Design for Theater
- Scenic Design for the Performing Arts
- Makeup Design
- Avant-garde Theater and Peformance
- Theater History and Theory
- Carleton Players Production
- The Speaking Voice
- Principles of Design
- Beginning Acting or
- Playing Roles; from Uncle Remus to 30 Rock
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Theatre & Dance View 755 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application: Common App, Coalition App or QuestBridge App (we have no preference)
- Transcript, should include: your classes and grades from the first three years of high school, your senior year schedule, grades from the first term of senior year (when available)
- High School Counselor Recommendation (also known as "School Report")
- Two academic teacher recommendations
- Test Scores (optional): SAT or ACT
- TOEFL, IELTS, or DuoLingo English Test for students whose primary language of instruction has not been English
- SAT Subject Tests are optional
- No application fee
International56678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56678 USD per year during 48 months.
National56678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56678 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Northfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.