It hosts numerous public events concerning Jewish culture, film, arts, history, and religion, encouraging active outreach around current issues and, in the broadest sense, world affairs. Majors benefit from access to New York’s multicultural, multilingual Jewish community as well as the numerous museums, libraries, and cultural institutions in the metropolitan area.
The program in Jewish Studies at The City University of New York has four main areas of study: Jewish social and intellectual history; the anthropology, sociology, political life, and folklore of Jews; Jewish religious and philosophical thought; and Jewish languages and literatures. It can be tailored to a wide range of personal interests.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Some graduates will find this program a springboard to careers in Jewish institutions, such as education, service, journalism, or the rabbinate.
- Others, whether Jewish or not, will find it a fulfilling liberal arts program from which they can go on to graduate or professional school and careers of a generally humanistic bent, from law, business, and education to government, social work, and medicine.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 804 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School Transcript or proof of High School Equivalency degree
- College, University and/or Proprietary School Transcript (transfers only)
- Standardized Test Scores
- Recommendations, Personal Statements, and other supporting materials
- Supplemental Application for Selective Programs
International18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18600 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18600 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State6930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6930 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.