In the Harold Schnitzer Family Program in Judaic Studies , we take the 3,000-year-long history and culture of the Jews as our point of our departure for grappling with urgent human questions about justice and knowledge, tradition and change, and crisis and resilience.
Truly interdisciplinary, the Judaic Studies major explores topics in history, English literature, Hebrew language, religion, and film studies.
We welcome students of all backgrounds who seek an intensive liberal arts experience. Our faculty offer close mentoring to support your success. Our partnerships provide opportunities for internships, study abroad and scholarships.
Graduates with a Judaic Studies program from Portland State University go on to fulfilling professions in education, community and social services, the rabbinate and ministry, research, the arts, marketing, consulting, and law.
You will develop marketable skills perennially relevant in the future of work:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and compellingly
- Cultural intelligence and global perspective
- Analytical acumen
- Leadership, empathy, and collaboration
We would love for you to visit our downtown campus to connect with students and our faculty.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Jewish History: Antiquity to 1000 CE
- Jewish History: 1000 CE to the Present
- Jewish and Israeli Literature
- The Jewish American Experience in Film
- Kabbalah: The Jewish Mystical Tradition
- History of Antisemitism
- The Holocaust
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Islamic Studies View 3017 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Portland State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29706 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29706 USD per year during 48 months.
National29706 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29706 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10806 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10806 USD per year during 48 months.
Washington Border Discount (WBD) $11,706
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.