The BA in Disability Studies online degree program at The City University of New York provides a ‘person-centered’ approach to the study of disability. As the first undergraduate program of its kind in the country, the program equips individuals with the skills to improve the lives of people with disabilities and with an educational credential to advance their careers.
Students in the BA in Disability Studies:
- Learn the history that many textbooks overlook
- Develop strategies and skills to support children and adults with disabilities
- Learn how to interpret disability law and policy
- Acquire concrete skills to remove social and physical barriers to full inclusion and integration
- Read first-hand experiences of people with disabilities
- Learn new ways of thinking about disability and society
Career and Academic Prospects
Graduates of the BA in Disability Studies program gain the knowledge, values, and skills that are sought by agencies providing services to individuals in community programs. Graduates are also prepared for graduate work in disability studies, social work, rehabilitation counseling, physical and occupational therapy, education, sociology, psychology, anthropology, and liberal studies.
- Disability and Society
- Disability and Embodiment
- Law, Policy and Disability
- Disability in History
- Disability Narratives
- Aging and Disability
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences Public Policy View 66 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in United States
- Applicants should have a minimum of 24 earned credits from a regionally accredited institution. Official transcripts from all previous colleges, universities, or proprietary schools you have attended since high school must be submitted, whether or not you intend to request transfer credit.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or better is required for transfer admission to CUNY SPS.
- To gain admission to CUNY SPS, students must satisfy the reading, writing, and mathematics basic skills requirements.
- A personal essay of at least 250 words is part of the application process.
- Unless a currently enrolled CUNY student, to submit your application, you must pay a $70 non-refundable processing fee.
International18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 48 months.
National18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 48 months.
- Full-time $3,465/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.