Operations management determines what equipment, labor, tools, facilities, materials, energy, and information are required, how these can best be obtained, and how they are used to satisfy the requirements of the marketplace.
Operations managers are concerned with each step in providing a service or product—from acquisition of the raw materials and component parts to delivery to the customer. Operations managers are also responsible for critical activities such as quality management and control, capacity planning, materials management, purchasing, and scheduling.
Most companies are looking for people with real world experience, which is why students in the Business Administration - Operations Management Concentration from Western Washington University receive encouragement and support in finding relevant internships. Student internships often provide valuable industry connections and can lead to a job offer after graduation.
Careers and Graduate Studies
The Department of Decision Sciences opens the door to a variety of high-tech jobs. Graduates of the program work for firms as analysts, finding flaws and creating more efficient and streamlined approaches for their clients. Work settings can range from deep inside a data center server room to a system consultant overseeing production in a foreign country.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Business Statistics
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Calculus With Applications to Business and Economics
- Law and the Business Environment
- Introduction to Business Computer Systems
- Applied Business Statistics
- Principles of Finance
- Introduction to Management and Organizational Behavior
- Business and Its Environment
- Principles of Management Information Systems
- Principles of Marketing
- Operations Management
- Teamwork Basics
- Designing and Improving Lean Operations
- Project Management
- Manufacturing and Supply Chain Strategy
- Management Science with Spreadsheets
- Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
- Quality Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Logistics Modeling and Analysis
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- 88-90 credits
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1893 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The International Student Application for Admission submitted by the application deadline
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- An essay that helps the Admissions Committee understand your academic goals, related experiences and/or preparatory course work, and professional goals
- Official academic credentials
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Statement of Financial Responsibility
International22890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22890 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National22890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22890 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State6543 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6543 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
- 10-18 credits per quarter
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.