The Psychology major at Purdue University Fort Wayne provides a solid foundation in the main areas of psychology, including statistics and research methods, developmental psychology, social and personality psychology, abnormal psychology, learning, cognitive psychology, and psychobiology.
- In addition, our program offers flexibility with many specialized courses such as adolescent development, death and dying, cross-cultural psychology, clinical psychology, psychology of women, and many others.
- Several of our courses provide the opportunity to do service learning in a variety of community agencies. We also offer a practicum in psychotherapy and a field placement course in which you work for a semester in a community social service or mental-health setting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Elementary Psychology
- Critical Foundations for Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Psychobiology II: Principles of Psychobiological Psychology
- Child Psychology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 1663 other Bachelors in Psychology in United States
- Completed application and $30 application fee
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Proof of English proficiency (for students whose native language is not English; see below for proficiency options)
- TOEFL: 79
- IELTS: 6.5
- SAT Reading Test: 25
- ACT: 20
- A Level First Language English: C (or above)
- International Baccalaureate SL or HL English: 5 (or higher)
- PTE Academic: 58
- ELS: Level 112
- Students attending US high schools: English-proficiency testing may be waived if the last two years of high school English have been completed with grades of at least C (ESL will not qualify)
- College-level English from an accredited US institution with a grade of C or better
International21720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10860 USD per semester during 48 months.
National20960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10480 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4365 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Wayne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.