Africana Studies at San Diego State University is a degree that can offer limit-less career opportunities. Students will learn strong skills in critical thinking, communication, research, writing and analysis, skills that are invaluable in most any field. A degree like this encourages you to follow your passions and interests.
Major in Africana Studies
The Africana studies major is an impacted program. In order to be admitted to the Africana studies major, students must meet the following criteria:
- Complete preparation for the major
- Complete a minimum of 60 transferable semester units
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Africana Studies: Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Oral Communication
- Afro-American History
- Intermediate Expository Writing and Research Fundamentals
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages View 1981 other Masters in Languages in United States
- Admission application through the Cal State Apply website (online)
- A nonrefundable fee of $70
- Unofficial transcripts
- Your Social Security Number, if you have one.
- Your citizenship status.
- Credit card. Application fees are due at the time of submission and are paid by credit card.
- Annual income. If you are a dependent, then report your parents income. If you are independent, then report your income.
- Your parent's employment background and two recommendations. This applies only if you are applying to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP).
- Completion of high school/secondary level
- SAT/ACT Tests
International11880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11880 USD per year during 48 months.
National7720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7720 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.