Accredited and top ranked, Portland State University 's Accounting program instills strong theoretical and technical foundations to help students gain a broad perspective of how accounting strategies can be applied to help businesses grow and plan for a better economic future.
At Portland State University you will learn how to construct financial, cost, tax, governmental and not-for-profit accounting reports, and gain exposure to accounting software and tax research databases. Connect theory to practice by learning to analyze individual and corporate financial statements, prepare tax returns, research accounting issues, and identify and analyze corporate and industry risks. Build your technical skills through hands-on practice and graduate feeling confident and ready to jumpstart your accounting career.
Accounting is a rigorous, fast-paced, and challenging profession. That’s why our accredited and top ranked curriculum focuses on building strong technical skills within the context of understanding the accountants' responsibility to serve the public. Prepare for your future and the Certified Public Accounting (CPA) licensure by building a solid foundation with our core accounting curriculum.
What Can I Do With an Accounting Degree?
Our accounting bachelor’s degree program prepares you for a broad range of accounting career paths. Portland State University accounting majors go on to work for employers in the public, private and nonprofit sectors, with careers in a range of specialties that include:
- Corporate accounting
- Managerial accounting
- Governmental accounting
- Nonprofit accounting
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Political Science - United States Government
- Political Science - United States Politics
- Philosophy, Philosophy - Elementary Ethics, or Philosophy - Business Ethics
- Anthropology, Psychology, or Sociology
- Accounting Information Systems
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Accounting Mechanics
- Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting
- Auditing Concepts and Practices
- Integrated Accounting Issues
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAccounting Auditing Taxation View 1121 other Bachelors in Accounting in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To enroll as a freshman (first year), you must have completed secondary school or high school. Your education must be equivalent to United States secondary school or high school education.
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year during 48 months.
National29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10386 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.