- At the B.F.A. Stage Management Major from Ohio University, in addition to the coursework, students will have ongoing guidance, mentoring, and evaluation from their advisors. Although not required, when appropriate, students are encouraged to pursue an off-campus internship. All theater majors are required to attain a minimum grade of C (2.0) in any theater course required for graduation. A student who is struggling academically or programmatically will receive a letter of concern or be placed on probation.
Students wishing to enter Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (BFA) in Theater must interview for entrance into the program and meet the University’s admission requirements. Interview, portfolio, and letter of recommendations are required for admission to specialized BFA programs.
Opportunities Upon Graduation
- Students completing their B.F.A. in Stage Management at Ohio University commonly choose to enter the professional market for performing arts companies, specialized production companies or pursue graduate study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Costume and Scenic Design Principles and Technology Practices
- Fundamentals of Lighting and Sound Design Principles and Stage Management
- Stagecraft: Scenery
- Stagecraft: Costume Construction
- Theatrical Design Skills: The Text and Concept
- Stage Electrics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Management, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 1521 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- Students wishing to enter Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (BFA) in Theater must interview for entrance into the program and meet the University’s admission requirements. Interview, portfolio, and letter of recommendations are required for admission to specialized BFA programs.
- Submit a creative resume, which should list all appropriate high school and, if applicable, community experience. You may bring a production book if you have one, but it is not required. You may also bring a portfolio of other production work you have done; anything that represents your experience with stage production is appropriate.
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.