The B.F.A. in Performance and Choreography from Ohio University provides a foundation on which to build a career as a performer, choreographer or teacher. Core curriculum in dance at Ohio University emphasizes developing performance skills through the study of technique, and fostering creative abilities through the study of choreography. Other major coursework provides a broad knowledge in dance history, ethnology, kinesiology, music, and the teaching of dance.
- The first year of the program introduces the dancer to the expectations of the school for its pre-professional training program.
- The second year of the program deepens the discipline and practice of dance for the B.F.A. major in Choreography and Performance. Students are expected to devote more time to their work outside the usual class period.
- The third year intensifies focus on training and the application of knowledge in a variety of areas including kinesiology and teaching courses. A Junior choreography project is undertaken in the spring of the junior year to prepare the B.F.A. major for the senior capstone project work.
- The final year refines the dancer's technique, choreographic production and concert management in a senior choreographic project. Students who have an interest in teaching may be invited to teach under supervision.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modern Dance Technique
- Ballet Technique
- Beginning Dance
- Jazz Dance Technique
- African Dance Technique
- History, Traditions and Languages of Dance
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
A minimum of 128 credit hours are required for the B.F.A. in Dance.
DisciplinesArt History Theatre & Dance View 843 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- If you’re planning to become a dance major, minor or honors student, an audition is required for admission once you apply and meet general university requirements. Auditions consist of participating in a studio class to determine level of skill in modern, ballet, jazz, or African dance, as well as an improvisation.
For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.