The energetic faculty at Middle Tennessee State University is dedicated to helping students learn Japanese, which in turn will allow them to fully participate in that legacy as well as to become engaged and responsible global citizens.
As one of the world’s top economies and exporters of cultural capital, Japan is an integral piece of our increasingly globalized world. Japan is widely recognized as one of the world’s chief producers of automobiles, robotics, medical innovation, and a host of other products; it is also known for its unique cultural contributions, including animation, music, philosophy, literature, martial arts, and sport.
A wide array of employment options await students with a major or minor in Japanese. Employers of MTSU students include Nissan, the Japanese and Exchange Teaching (JET) program, the Japanese consulate, and public schools, to name a few. Career opportunities for Japanese language majors are available in various sectors such as
- Engineering (automotive, electric)
- Government (State Department, FBI/CIA, United Nations)
- Higher education (higher education, JET program)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Japanese Culture and Language
- Elementary Japanese
- Intermediate Japanese
- Advanced Japanese
- Business Japanese
- Introduction to Japanese Linguistics
- Topics in Japanese Language and Culture
- Modern Japanese Literature
- Form and Void: A Study of Japanese Poetics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 2814 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the application for admission and pay the $30 application fee.
- Send official transcripts from all academic institutions attended to MTSU International Admissions.
- Send official copy of language scores.
- Provide appropriate documents for the following: Proof of financial support, Proper health forms with proof of vaccinations, Copy of passport showing expiration.
International29152 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29152 USD per year during 48 months.
National29152 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29152 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9466 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9466 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Murfreesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.