The B.A. Applied Plant Biology from Ohio University's coursework provides students with foundational knowledge of plant biology with the option of training in greenhouse management, sustainable agriculture, soil ecology, plant pathology, plant breeding, and/or medicinal plants.In addition to providing a background in applied plant biology, the program includes coursework in economics, biology and communications. The flexibility in this program allows for either a minor or second major in another discipline, e.g. economics, business administration, communications and others, if desired.
Careers and graduate school
The Applied Plant Biology program at Ohio University prepares students for entry level jobs in fields such as landscaping, diversified agriculture, horticulture, nurseries, tree care, and plant breeding. In order to enhance job prospects, students in this program are required to complete an internship in one of these areas. Faculty in the plant biology department will assist students in locating appropriate internships. Listings of internship opportunities can be found at the following web sites:
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Plant Biology
- Plant Structure and Development
- Plant Ecology
- Plant Physiology
- Plant Genetics
- Statistical Methods in Plant Biology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Agriculture Plant & Crop Sciences View 155 other Masters in Plant & Crop Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Official academic records
- Evidence of sufficient funding
- Statement of activities.
- Exams for scholarship consideration
- Official TOEFL or IELTS results if available
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.