Psychology is the scientific study of behavior—how individuals think, feel, and behave. How we perceive our world, interact with our neighbors, make decisions on a daily basis, view our role in society—these are all better understood using psychology.
As a psychological science major, you will develop an understanding of:
- How people perceive and process information and how they use that information to make decisions.
- Psychological theories in a variety of fields including social, cognitive, clinical, industrial-organizational, development, and neuroscience.
- How to apply psychological theories to real-world problems.
- How to design research studies, analyze results, and communicate results to a variety of communities.
The Psychological Science program at Illinois Institute of Technology will prepare you for a wide range of professions in business and industry, community organizations, and health services, including:
- Survey research
- Market research
- Social work
- The nonprofit sector
- Public policy
- Academic or health administration
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
A flexible curriculum allows the degree to be customized. You can elect to specialize in
- culture and diversity,
- behavioral health and wellness,
- and rehabilitation services.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience View 1466 other Masters in Psychology in United States
Academic requirements: Academic requirements: average GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 U.S. scale)
- SAT requirement: Varies depending on department, minimum 1100 with good scores in maths.
- Letter of Recommendation is required
- ACT Composite: 23+ (Must have 22+ in Math)
- SAT Composite: 1110+ (Must have 550+ in Math)
International48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
National48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.