Learning outcomes from the Education and Child Study program at the Smith College
- Understand the field of education from an array of disciplinary perspectives, i.e., philosophical, historical, sociological, psychological, statistical and ethical.
- Understand the role of cultural and human diversity in the design and practice of education.
- Understand current theories of learning and how they shape principles of pedagogical practice across ages and subject matter.
- Understand current theories of human development, from infancy through adolescence.
- Understand the major factors that influence the design of learning environments.
- Understand how education policy is shaped and how to change educational practice.
- Develop applied and practical knowledge and skill to support the growth and success of beginning teachers. (These learning goals are elaborated in the description of our state approved teacher preparation programs.)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American Education
- Education in the City
- Case Study of Education in Western Massachusetts
- Philosophy of Education
- The Making of a School
- The American Middle School and High School
- Comparative Education
- Counseling Theory and Education
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Liberal Arts Teaching View 980 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Smith Writing Supplement
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms
- Official SAT I, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or the Duolingo English Test/*DET*
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
International53940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53940 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National53940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53940 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.