Religious Studies majors at Santa Clara University have pursued a variety of careers upon graduation. Some have entered the field of journalism; others are teaching at the secondary level. Several graduates have obtained advanced degrees in the field and are themselves teaching at universities around the country. Some majors have chosen ministerial and church-related work; others have pursued careers in law and related fields.
The major in religious studies has thus proven to provide a solid and focused liberal arts major for Santa Clara students.Majors in religious studies work with a diverse, scholarly, and active faculty. Students are assigned an advisor to direct and encourage them in course and career planning. Select courses on key topics in religious studies are offered exclusively for majors and minors each quarter. Students are encouraged to undertake independent, one-on-one research with a faculty member. And on a more informal level, regular department colloquia and department-sponsored lectures provide the opportunity for further interaction with the faculty.
Santa Clara University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Various academic and other programs within the University are also accredited by specific accrediting bodies.
- Controversies in Religion: Ancient and Modern
- Texting God
- Religions of the Book
- Gender in Early Christianity
- Women in the Hebrew Bible
- New Testament Narratives of Cinema
- Biblical Women and Power
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEthnic Studies Religious Studies & Theology View 488 other Bachelors in Ethnic Studies in United States
- If you are applying as a first-year or transfer student, review those sections, as most of the steps you'll take are the same as other applicants.
- You'll use the Common Application and need to review our recommended courses to complete before applying. You'll need to decide if you want to apply Early or Regular Decision. And you’ll need to select one of our schools to apply to.
- Beyond that, we require additional information from you regarding English proficiency and financial status. And, once you’ve been admitted, we can help you with your visa application process.
International55224 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55224 USD per year during 48 months.
National55224 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55224 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Santa Clara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.