Biochemistry at the Smith College follows in either your second or third year, along with additional courses in cell biology, physiology, molecular biology and physical chemistry. More specialized courses can be selected according to students' individual interests.
All graduating biochemistry majors should be able to:
- Summarize, explain and critically evaluate published scientific literature. This includes being able to identify the “big picture” ideas, what was known in the field prior to the work being described, and what new information the experiments contribute to the field.
- Write and orally present biochemical content clearly.
- Interpret and analyze data, employing rigorous quantitative skills when necessary.
- Describe the process of scientific research. Be able to recognize and implement critical elements of experimental design (such as proper control experiments), recognize what conclusions can (and cannot) be reasonably be drawn from a given set of experimental results, and understand how to conduct research responsibly.
- Locate and use valid, peer-reviewed sources when doing research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biochemical Research Using Advanced Techniques
- Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience
- Experimental Design in Bio-Molecular Engineering
- Topics in Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology of Eukaryotes
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 2520 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Smith Writing Supplement
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms
- Official SAT I, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or the Duolingo English Test/*DET*
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
International53940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53940 USD per year during 48 months.
National53940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53940 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Northampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.