The undergraduate program in Sociology is designed to satisfy the intellectual and career interests of students who are concerned about what is happening in their society and in their daily personal interactions.
At Boston College, sociologists also take a transformative approach in their research and teaching, making the sociological experience here not only rigorous and creative but socially relevant and engaged. Training in this field is useful in a broad range of occupations, and also prepares students for graduate study in a number of disciplines.
- Critical skills and thinking. Students will be able to apply a sociological lens to scholarly research and other sources of information (e.g., newspapers).
- Career training. Students will be well-prepared for graduate training and/or entry-level positions in various fields
- Students will be able to transform a problem of interest into a researchable question.
- Students will be able to justify various methodological decisions on ethical as well as logical grounds.
- Students will be able to collect, analyze, and interpret qualitative and quantitative data.
- Life skills. Students will develop a deeper understanding of themselves and their role in society. Students will be able to explain how societal and structural factors influence life experiences and social problems across historical and cultural contexts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sociology for Health Care Professionals
- Research Methods
- Social Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Public Health View 685 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Standardized Testing
- International applicants must submit TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test examination scores.
- Curriculum Evaluation
- All students are required to submit an official high/secondary school transcript.
- Supporting Materials
- The School Report and Counselor Recommendation Form
- Teacher Evaluations
- Application Fee
- English Proficiency
International59050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 59050 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National59050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 59050 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.