The civil engineer often is confronted with conditions so variable and complex that they cannot be precisely defined by science and mathematics.
Therefore, a knowledge of the arts and social sciences, as well as the physical sciences, is essential. In addition, because civil engineering requires overall planning of very large projects whose components involve many other disciplines, it is also necessary to have knowledge of management techniques.
In the professional courses of the Civil Engineering program at Illinois Institute of Technology, classroom lectures are supplemented by laboratory practice, including the study of materials, concrete, hydraulics, environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, and surveying.
The principal functional areas that are considered subdivisions of civil engineering are structural engineering, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, environmental engineering, water resources engineering, and construction management.
Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Engineering Drawing and Design
- Introduction to AutoCAD Drawing and Design
- Geodetic Science
- Professional Practice
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics
- Materials of Construction
- Introduction to Geotechnical Engineering
- Introduction to Transportation Engineering and Design
- Steel Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 1366 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Academic requirements: Academic requirements: average GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 U.S. scale)
- SAT requirement: Varies depending on department, minimum 1100 with good scores in maths.
- Letter of Recommendation is required
- ACT Composite: 27+ (Must have 27+ in Math)
- SAT Composite: 1240+ (Must have 630+ in Math)
International48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
National48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.