Often, these images can be obtained with minimal or completely noninvasive procedures, making them less painful and more readily repeatable than invasive techniques.
Moreover, many of the devices require no ionizing radiation doses thereby lessening the danger of secondarly radiation effects on the patient.
The students in the Biomedical Engineering (Medical Imaging) program at the Illinois Institute of Technology learn the theoretical bases underlying the common forms of medical imaging, such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computerized axial tomography scanning (CAT-scan), positron emission tomography (PET), and the limitations and the applicability of such techniques.
Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intro to the Profession
- Principles of Chemistry (with lab)
- Human Biology
- Experiment Biology
- Instrumentation Lab
- Multivariate and Vector Calculus
- Analysis of Biosignals and Systems
- Physiology Laboratory
- Design Concepts in BME
- Biomedical Imaging and Sensing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 309 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
Academic requirements: Academic requirements: average GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 U.S. scale)
- SAT requirement: Varies depending on department, minimum 1100 with good scores in maths.
- Letter of Recommendation is required
- ACT Composite: 27+ (Must have 27+ in Math)
- SAT Composite: 1240+ (Must have 630+ in Math)
International48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
National48670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48670 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.