Bioengineering at Santa Clara University is the fastest-growing area of engineering and holds the promise of improving the lives of all people in very direct and diverse ways. Bioengineering focuses on the application of electrical, chemical, mechanical, and other engineering principles to understand, modify, or control biological systems. As such the curriculum teaches principles and practices at the interface of engineering, medicine and the life sciences.
The Department of Bioengineering offers a combined degree program leading to the Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science open to bioengineering majors with an approved grade point average of at least 3.0 in bioengineering, mathematics, physics, biology and chemistry courses. Under the combined degree program, an undergraduate student begins taking courses required for a master’s degree before completing the requirements for the bachelor’s degree and typically completes the requirements for a Master of Science in Bioengineering within a year of obtaining the bachelor’s degree. Undergraduate students admitted to the 5-year BS/MS degree program are required to enroll in the program between February of their junior year and December of their senior year. Students in this program will receive their bachelor’s degree after satisfying the standard undergraduate degree requirements.
To earn the master’s degree, students must fulfill all the requirements for the degree, including the completion of 45 units of coursework beyond that applied to their bachelor’s degree. Candidates are required to file a regular MS BIOE program of studies, which must be approved and signed by the advisor.
- Cell and Molecular Bioengineering
- Medical Device Product Development
- Bioengineering Research Seminar
- Biomedical Devices: Role of Polymers
- Fundamentals of Cell Culture
- Biomaterials Engineering and Characterization
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology Molecular Sciences View 336 other Bachelors in Molecular Sciences in United States
- If you are applying as a first-year or transfer student, review those sections, as most of the steps you'll take are the same as other applicants.
- You'll use the Common Application and need to review our recommended courses to complete before applying. You'll need to decide if you want to apply Early or Regular Decision. And you’ll need to select one of our schools to apply to.
- Beyond that, we require additional information from you regarding English proficiency and financial status. And, once you’ve been admitted, we can help you with your visa application process.
International55224 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55224 USD per year during 48 months.
National55224 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 55224 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Santa Clara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.