The Industrial Engineering degree at Florida State University provides a broad technical background with special emphasis on manufacturing systems, computer modeling, costs, quality, management, and human factors. Industrial engineering draws upon specialized knowledge and skills in the mathematical, physical, and social sciences, together with the principles and methods of engineering design and analysis, to specify, predict, and evaluate industrial systems.
The program of study includes engineering analysis for the optimization of industrial systems, design of man-machine systems, and the scientific management of activities. Specialized training is available in the use of modern engineering tools and techniques such as computer-aided design (CAD), computer integrated manufacturing (CIM), and ergonomic (human factors) engineering.
Industrial engineers pursue careers in manufacturing, service industries, and government. In addition, many industrial engineers are now being employed in nontraditional fields such as hospitals, banks, insurance, and information processing. The present and future demand for IE's appears to be very high. Industrial engineers are increasingly being called upon to act as productivity catalysts in manufacturing and service organizations in order to meet regional, national, and international demand and competition.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Graphics for Engineers
- Statistical Topics in Industrial Engineering
- Principles of Engineering Economy
- Introduction to Engineering Management
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Tools
- Engineering Materials and Manufacturing Processes
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering View 282 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online in one of three ways: our institutional application, The Common Application, or The Coalition application. Students should only submit one application.
- Submit the following items on the Application Status Check:
- Self-report all ACT and/or SAT test scores.
- Choose one of five essay questions and upload your essay.
- Upload one resume.
- Self-report official English Proficiency Test Scores if your native language is not English.
- Contact the academic department directly if majoring in dance, film (animation or production), music, or theatre.
International721 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 721 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National721 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 721 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
In-State216 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 216 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.