The Theatre Arts program at North Dakota State University is a laboratory for learning in which imaginative play and disciplined work are fused in dramatic creations. A high degree of professionalism is consistently displayed.
- Main Stage Productions—four plays are produced each school year. These productions range from modern musicals such as Bloody, Bloody Andrew Jackson and Sweeney Todd to classic comedies such as The Comedy of Errors and Noises Off, including contemporary and ancient plays of the widest variety. Production seasons are chosen according to a four year style-rotation cycle. This ensures that during the course of his or her undergraduate career, the student will have the opportunity to acquire first-hand knowledge of all major performance styles in the Western theatrical tradition, including Devised work and TYA or Theatre for Young Audiences.
- The Newfangled Theatre Company is the student branch of Theatre NDSU. This student-managed company produces up to four shows in the second stage season.
Numerous dramatic activities take place on a flexible schedule in Studio Theatre Productions. There are showcase productions for B.F.A. candidates and for student acting or directing projects as well as a dance recital each semester.
Theatre training develops and exercises the creative imagination. Our graduates have found a rich variety of professions. Former students have gone on to earn advanced degrees in theatre and related fields and now teach in colleges and universities, community colleges and high schools. Other graduates of our program work in arts management, technical theatre and technical consulting, as well as in community theatre, semi-professional repertory companies, professional theatre and commercial radio and television. Theatre NDSU is committed to helping students understand the value of entrepreneurship in the Arts, creating their own work and community outreach.
- Dramatic Literature and Style
- Costume Craft
- World Theatre
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 1160 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at North Dakota State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- To be considered for admission, all applicants should have an educational background in the core curriculum of laboratory science, mathematics, social science, and English
- A secondary or high school grade point average of at least 2.75 (4.0 scale) or the equivalent in core subjects is recommended
- The application for admission. A nonrefundable application fee will be collected through your online application upon submission
- Request that official transcripts be sent directly from your institution to NDSU. If records are not in English, be sure to include a certified English translation
- Your English test scores
International15662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7831 USD per semester during 48 months.
National13426 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6713 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4475 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Fargo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.