The demand for mechanical engineers with a good technical education has been high for many years. The Mechanical Engineering program at North Dakota State University offers an education that enables its graduates to take their places in all facets of the profession. Since inception, the department has graduated approximately 5,000 mechanical engineers who have worked throughout the United States and many other parts of the world. The Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Recent graduates have found employment in companies throughout the United States. The average starting salary is approximately $62,000. A sampling of companies hiring NDSU graduates includes: 3M, American Crystal Sugar, Angus Palm, Applied Engineering, Arctic Cat Inc., Black and Veatch, Bobcat, Boeing, Cargill, Caterpillar, Daktronics, Horsch Anderson, Integrity Windows, John Deere, Montana Dakota Utilities, Parker-Hannifin, Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Xcel Energy.
- Visual Communication for Engineers
- Modeling of Engineering Systems
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanics of Materials
- Materials Science and Engineering
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 743 other Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at North Dakota State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- To be considered for admission, all applicants should have an educational background in the core curriculum of laboratory science, mathematics, social science, and English
- A secondary or high school grade point average of at least 2.75 (4.0 scale) or the equivalent in core subjects is recommended
- The application for admission. A nonrefundable application fee will be collected through your online application upon submission
- Request that official transcripts be sent directly from your institution to NDSU. If records are not in English, be sure to include a certified English translation
- Your English test scores
International15662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7831 USD per semester during 48 months.
National13426 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6713 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4475 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Fargo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.