- German continues to be one of the leading languages of science, arts, philosophy and history. German is spoken by more than 200 million speakers worldwide, half of which speak it as their first language. After English, German is the second most used language on the internet. It is the official language of six European countries: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg and Belgium. In addition, a bachelor's degree in German is a great stepping stone to graduate or law school.
- The online German curriculum at Oregon State University delivers a high level of proficiency in developing speaking, listening, reading, writing and cultural competency skills that prepares you to succeed in a variety of rewarding careers. Courses are developed and taught by the same renowned Oregon State faculty who teach on campus, many of whom are native speakers and have received specialized training. The personalized, engaging learning environment provides you with the tools you need to be confident in your skills and advance your career.
- This degree program is offered through OSU's College of Liberal Arts, which is ranked No. 1 in the nation for best online liberal arts colleges. The courses are delivered online by OSU Ecampus
- World language and culture studies
- German culture
- German pronunciation and phonetics
- Critical issues of German cinema
- Contemporary German cinema
- German literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 50 other Bachelors in Languages in United States
- 3.0 GPA High school diploma or IB Diploma with minimum overall score of 26 or IGCSE 5 subjects with a 3.0 average using NCAA scale (9-7/A=4, 5-6/B/C=3, 4/D/E=2, F/G=1, 3-1/U=0). Subjects must include Math, English, Science, 2 electives.
- English Test Scores must be less than two years old as of the start term requested. Applicants may also use the following achievements to meet the English Requirements for admission to an undergraduate degree program.
- SAT: evidence-based reading/writing score of 560
- ACTE (ACT English) - 21
- Two English composition courses (Writing 121+) with grades C- or better or one English composition and one Speech Communication course (Communication 111+) with grades C- or better, all from a US university.
- IGCSE O or A Level English with a grade of C or better (provisional results not accepted)
- IB Diploma: Language A - Language and Literature (HL) with a minimum score of 5
- AP English L & C - minimum score of 3
International22042 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11021 USD per semester during 48 months.
National22042 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11021 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4148 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.