The program of study emphasizes laboratory experience and its integration with basic theory.
This is accomplished in three ways: first, through coordination between the advanced courses in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology , and laboratory courses in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology which provide students with the basic laboratory skills and an appreciation for the experimental foundations of the field; second, through advanced laboratories in Immunology and Virology which provide students with the opportunity to develop cutting edge research skills; and third, by emphasizing independent research sponsored by a participating faculty member.
The program encourages the research interests of students in subdisciplines other than immunology or virology by offering the opportunity to substitute one year of independent research for the advanced laboratory.
The major in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from University of California, Irvine (UCI) is designed to provide students with the appropriate tools and training to successfully pursue graduate degrees that emphasize basic scientific research, including Ph.D. and M.S. training as well as combined M.D./Ph.D. programs.
In addition, and particularly with the explosive growth in biotechnology and its significant influence in everyday life, graduates could use their backgrounds very effectively to pursue careers in business, education, law, and public affairs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Biochemistry Laboratory
- Molecular Biology Laboratory
- Advanced Immunology Laboratory
- Eukaryotic and Human Genetics
- Molecular Pharmacology
- Physical Biochemistry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Biochemistry View 1651 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Two years of history — One year of world or European history, cultures and geography, and one year of U.S. history or one half-year of U.S. history and one half-year of American government or civics
- Four years of English
- Three years of mathematics (four years recommended) — Must include algebra, geometry, and advanced algebra
- Two years of science (three years recommended) — Must include two years of laboratory science, however additional years can include a range of disciplines such as: applied science, engineering, computer science, and other integrated science courses.
- Two years of a language other than English (three years recommended) — The second year or higher of the same language must be completed to fulfill this requirement
- One year of visual and performing arts — A yearlong course chosen from the following disciplines: dance, drama/theater, music, visual art, or interdisciplinary arts
- One year of college-preparatory electives
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International41196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41196 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National41196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41196 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11442 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.