Each of the concentrations has specific requirements. All Mathematics majors at the College of William & Mary must demonstrate proficiency in calculus, linear algebra, multivariable calculus, computer programming, and writing.
Regardless of the concentration you choose, you can further specialize your major. Specialization options include applied and pure mathematics, operations research, and statistics. You should discuss these various options with your advisor and map out a course of studies that will meet your objectives.
We recommend that all majors in mathematics
- Be proficient in one or more programming languages such as Java, C, C++, or Fortran.
- Have the ability to use major mathematical software packages such as Maple or Mathematica.
- Be familiar with technical word processors such as Tex or Latex.
- Have some experience with different computer operating systems such as Windows and Unix.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Themes in Mathematics, Historical and Modern
- Pre-calculus Mathematics
- The Mathematics of Powered Flight
- Elementary Probability and Statistics
- Brief Calculus with Applications
- Topics in Mathematics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 976 other Bachelors in Actuarial Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A submitted application through The Common Application or The Coalition Application
- The Secondary School Report form complete with a high school transcript and counselor letter of recommendation
- The Midyear School Report form, should be submitted to the admission office with an updated transcript as soon as first semester grades are available.
- $75 application fee payment, or a fee waiver request
International40089 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40089 USD per year during 48 months.
National40089 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40089 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State17434 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17434 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Williamsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.