We offer a bachelor degree in American Studies at the College of William & Mary. We encourage students to cross traditional intellectual boundaries and develop perspectives on American life that are more expansive and critical than those normally found within the limits of a single discipline.
Working with a wide array of methods, themes, and materials, students discover first-hand our society's rich and often conflicted history of cultural, racial, and sexual diversity.
- The program's location in the restored colonial capital of Virginia offers students ample opportunities for independent work.
- Field trips to Colonial Williamsburg and other nearby historic sites and museums are an integral part of several courses. Students also regularly pursue internships at other museums and foundations, from the Yorktown foundation to the Smithsonian.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- American Popular Culture and Modern America
- Cinema & the Modernization of US Culture
- The American Way of War
- Sexuality In America
- Race, Literature and the Law: Interracialism
- Utopia in the Americas
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAmerican Studies View 271 other Bachelors in American Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A submitted application through The Common Application or The Coalition Application
- The Secondary School Report form complete with a high school transcript and counselor letter of recommendation
- The Midyear School Report form, should be submitted to the admission office with an updated transcript as soon as first semester grades are available.
- $75 application fee payment, or a fee waiver request
International40089 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40089 USD per year during 48 months.
National40089 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40089 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State17434 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17434 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Williamsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.