Courses in veterinary science are designed to broaden students’ knowledge of anatomy, biochemistry, histology, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, pathology, pharmacology, toxicology, and virology as they relate to diverse mammalian species.
At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln we offer a bachelor degree in Veterinary Science. Program focus is on animal health. Prepare for a career in veterinary or biomedical science or microbiology. Prepare for a career in veterinary medicine as a veterinarian and earn a BS degree.
Tailor your program to meet pre-veterinary medicine requirements for any college of veterinary medicine in North America. Qualify to apply to the veterinary college of your choice while you earn a BS degree. Completion does not guarantee you will be accepted to attend any veterinary college.
Earn a BS degree, and prepare for a career in:
- Veterinary medicine
- Biomedical or veterinary research
- Veterinary pharmaceutics
- Animal production
- Animal protection and conservation
- Regulatory or governmental affairs
- Qualify to apply to any accredited school or college of veterinary medicine in North America
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Principles and Prevention of Livestock Diseases
- Introduction to Veterinary Anatomy
- Integrated Principles and Prevention of Livestock Diseases
- Functional Histology
- General Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Basic Molecular Infectious Diseases
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Biochemistry View 55 other Bachelors in Veterinary Medicine in United States
- Transcripts: You will self-report your academic record. Use an unofficial transcript to fill in your information
- After you've taken the ACT or SAT, request the testing institution to send us your official scores. Our codes are: ACT: 2482 and SAT: 6877
- Application Fee: There is a $45 application fee payable with a credit card or a check. Make the check out to the University of Nebraska–Lincoln and put the applicant's name on the memo line
- Scholarship Statement: To be considered for leadership and diversity scholarships, you must write a 500-word essay all about you. Focus on leadership, career goals and community service
International24900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 USD per credit during 48 months.
National24900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State7770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.