At Linguistics from Stony Brook University a graduate will have the skills to analyze the most important features of language: sounds, words, sentences, and conversation, using both formal and experimental methods. Students will also learn what linguists know about the languages of the world, their history and structure, and how language interacts with many facets of all cultures.
Options for further education that are taken by graduates include professional school in such areas as speech pathology and law, and graduate school in linguistics, philosophy, psychology, and computer science. A few graduates have gone on to technical positions in industry that involve speech engineering.
- Human Language
- The Anatomy of English Words
- Language in the United States
- Languages and Cultures of Asian Americans
- Writing in Linguistics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Applications will be accepted after these priority deadlines on a space-available basis.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 1539 other Bachelors in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School Transcript(s)
- English Proficiency test scores
- Teacher/Counselor Recommendation
- Currently hold an F-1, F-2, J-1, or J-2 visa
- First year students or freshman are those still in high school or have completed high school but have not attended college after high school.
- Transfer students are anyone who, after high school graduation, has enrolled in university-level courses either in the US or another country.
International24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 48 months.
National24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.