Students may choose an individualized course of study to fit their needs. Students interested in teaching Italian should concentrate on courses taught in the Italian language, while those interested in other careers should choose courses in culture, film studies, and Italian American social issues.
The Italian Studies major at Stony Brook University consists of an intensive study of the Italian language along with the study of the culture that has shaped Italian society and its interaction with American society through the study of literature, culture, and film studies.
The undergraduate program in Italian Studies provides training for secondary language teachers and for graduate studies in Italian. In conjunction with other disciplines, the Italian program also provides a basis for careers such as international business, law, and economics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Italian Civilization Through the Ages
- Images of Italian-American Women
- The Age of Michelangelo in Central Italy
- Italian Literature
- Italian Americans and Ethnic Relations
- Italian-American Studies in the Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Elementary Italian
- Italian Cultures and Communities
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 2814 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you are a freshman applicant, you must have completed the highest level of secondary education in your country of residence. We look for a strong secondary academic program with courses in math, natural sciences, and English (or, if English is the language of instruction, another language).
- If you have attended any college or university after graduating from secondary school you must apply as a transfer student. Applicants are required to have performed well in a strong academic program, having completed at least 24 credits with a GPA of 3.0 or higher by the time they submit their application. If the applicant has earned fewer than 24 credits, high school transcripts must also be submitted.
International24940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24940 USD per year during 48 months.
National24940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24940 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7270 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.