Biology from Stony Brook University builds on a strong foundation in chemistry, mathematics and physics that provides the concepts and methodologies needed to understand biological complexity at multiple levels. Students explore the Fundamentals of Biology through three foundational courses that provide a thorough introduction to organisms, ecosystems, cellular and molecular biology, and physiology.
The BA provides an option for students interested in careers that build on foundational knowledge in the biosciences who also have strong interests in areas such as the fine arts, humanities or social sciences.
- How Science Works
- General Ecology
- Biology: Cellular and Organ Physiology
- Scientific Inquiry in the Biological Sciences IIA
- Advanced Human Genetics
- Cell, Brain, Mind
- Cell Biology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Applications will be accepted after these priority deadlines on a space-available basis.
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 969 other Bachelors in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School Transcript(s)
- English Proficiency test scores
- Teacher/Counselor Recommendation
- Currently hold an F-1, F-2, J-1, or J-2 visa
- First year students or freshman are those still in high school or have completed high school but have not attended college after high school.
- Transfer students are anyone who, after high school graduation, has enrolled in university-level courses either in the US or another country.
International24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 48 months.
National24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7070 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.