Within five years of graduation, the graduates of the Software Engineering program of Iowa State University should:
- attain a productive career in Software Engineering or related fields;
- attain leadership roles and become effective collaborators to advance professional and organizational goals;
- engage in lifelong learning and professional development
- encourage and support diversity and inclusiveness in their workplace.
Demonstration of expertise involves applying state-of-the-art practices for solving problems in the design, development, validation, evolution and sustainment of (software) products.
Demonstration of professional engagement involves contributing locally and globally to the use of ethical, competent, and creative practices in industry, academia or the public sector.
Demonstration of sustained learning involves the ability to adapt to rapid technological, environmental, and organizational changes through self-study and group study and through opportunities of professional development or graduate study.
Demonstration of leadership involves the ability to take initiative, and to facilitate the advancements of individuals and the community by influencing others and by having a widespread, positive impact on critical issues and projects.
Finally, demonstration of teamwork involves the ability to work with collaborators who have varied expertise, and with diverse cultural and interdisciplinary backgrounds.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Software Engineering Orientation
- Careers in Software Engineering
- Problem Solving in Software Engineering
- Software Construction and User Interfaces
- Software Project Management
- Software Architecture and Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
Deadlines are for international students.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 1724 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Freshman Academic Requirements:
- 4 years of English or your native language
- 3 years of science (including at least two years of laboratory science courses which emphasize elements of biology, chemistry, or physics)
- 3 years of math (including algebra and geometry)
- 2 years of social studies
- SAT or ACT test scores are not required for admission, but providing them will speed up your admission decision. SAT or ACT is required for freshman scholarship consideration.
- Minimum cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.25 in all transferable courses attempted (note: applicants who have earned an associate’s degree may be admitted with at least a 2.00 GPA)
International28036 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14018 USD per semester during 48 months.
National26402 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13201 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State10756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5378 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Ames
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.