The CSE Department also offers a degree of bachelor of science in computer engineering through the College of Engineering. All students majoring in the CSE Department should see their advisers during their first semester to make sure they understand the differences in the requirements of the two programs. Majors must consult with their advisers each semester for registration advising.
Your major in Computer Science will encompass software experience to prepare you to develop the compilers and operating systems of the future, hardware experience to design the next generation computer chips in Silicon Valley and theoretical studies to advance into research in academia. This program is available at University of Nebraska–Lincoln.
A major in computer science at Nebraska means preparing for one of the fastest growing and well paying fields in the nation! Computer science graduates readily find employment as internet programmers, web information retrieval systems designers, game and animation programmers, scientific programmers, high-speed processor specialists, electronic commerce specialists and engineers of enterprise-scale software systems.
Here are examples of recent graduates' employment:
- Business Technology Support Technician
- Data Engineer
- GIS Web Developer, Analyst
- Mobile App Developer
- Software Consultant
- Software Developer
- Systems Application Specialist
- Technology Specialist
The BS degree in computer science is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Informatics
- Fundamentals of Computer Science
- Fundamentals of Computing Laboratory
- Learning to Code
- Computer Science
- Computer Science I: Systems Engineering Focus
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 626 other Masters in Software Engineering in United States
- Transcripts: You will self-report your academic record. Use an unofficial transcript to fill in your information
- After you've taken the ACT or SAT, request the testing institution to send us your official scores. Our codes are: ACT: 2482 and SAT: 6877
- Application Fee: There is a $45 application fee payable with a credit card or a check. Make the check out to the University of Nebraska–Lincoln and put the applicant's name on the memo line
- Scholarship Statement: To be considered for leadership and diversity scholarships, you must write a 500-word essay all about you. Focus on leadership, career goals and community service
International830 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 USD per credit during 48 months.
National830 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 830 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State259 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Lincoln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.