Its members are drawn from the cooperating Departments of Anthropology, Art and Archaeology, Comparative Literature, East Asian Studies, Economics, History, Music, Politics, Religion, Sociology, and the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. The East Asian Studies Program also functions to financially support and organize various East Asia-related lectures, conferences, and events at the University.
Via the East Asian Studies Program at Princeton University, undergraduate students majoring in any other University department (including the sciences) may earn a certificate of proficiency in East Asian Studies (the equivalent of a minor). The certificate provides internationally-minded students with basic competence in an Asian area and enhances their understanding of Western civilization through perspectives gained from the study of the non-Western world.
The Program also provides funding for undergraduates to study languages in East Asia, and graduate students seeking support for language study and dissertation research and completion. Also important is the Program's support of visiting faculty.
- Imaging Worlds: Landscape Painting
- Readings in Mod Chinese Intellectual History
- Script, Screen, and Sexuality
- Writing and Culture of Premodern Korea
- Contemporary East Asia
- Junior Seminar
- Postwar Japanese Lit: Modern-Postmodern
- North Korean Imaginaries
- Intellectual History of China to the 5th Century
- Early China: Early Chinese Historiography
- Chinese Intellectual History
- Ancient and Medieval Japanese History
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 2865 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Completed Application. You must submit your application online through either the Coalition Application or Common Application.
- Transcript. An official transcript must be sent by a school counselor or school official.
- School Report (SR). The SR form is available from the Common Application website.
- Counselor Recommendation. If you are using the Common Application online, please note that the SR and the Counselor Recommendation are separate items.
- SAT or ACT. Early action applicants are strongly encouraged to complete their SAT or ACT test.
International56010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56010 USD per year during 48 months.
National56010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56010 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Princeton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.