It provides a solid foundation of Japanese language skills, including reading, writing, speaking and listening comprehension. Students who choose this major typically also choose to double major within a different discipline to build a holistic degree plan.
Internships, research opportunities and more
The faculty of the Japanese Studies program at Binghamton University are not only outstanding educators but are recognized and published scholars within their respective fields of research which include:
- classical and medieval Japanese culture, literature and theater
- Japanese artistic representation of Asia Pacific war experience
- Japanese culture
- Japanese linguistics
- Japanese translation
- modern Japanese literature and film
- second language acquisition
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Intermediate Japanese
- Advanced Reading and Comprehension
- Elementary Japanese
- Introduction to Japanese Culture
- Structure of Japanese
- Japanese Cinema
- Cultures of Premodern Japan
- Economic Development in East Asia
For more information, please visit the program website.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 1351 other Bachelors in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit Your Transcript
- Complete the Test-Optional Form
- Submit One Teacher/Counselor Recommendation
- Demonstrate English Proficiency
- Submit Financial Support Documents
International24660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24660 USD per year during 48 months.
National24660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24660 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7270 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Binghamton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.