Film and Digital Media from University of California, Santa Cruz graduates have enjoyed considerable success in the professional world and have gained admission to top graduate schools in the field.
Graduates of the program have established careers as professionals in the fields of film, video, television, and digital media, working as filmmakers, editors, digital media artists, film archivists, media educators, script analysts, cinematographers, television producers, computer programmers, and studio executives. Recent graduates have screened work at the Sundance Film Festival, Cinequest, the Milan Film Festival, and on HBO.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Film Theory Seminar
- New Media Theory Seminar
- Film History Seminar
- International Cinemas
- New(s) Media
- India and Indian Diaspora through Film
- International Cinema to 1960
- International Cinema, 1960 to Present
- Film, Video, and Gender
- Race on Screen
- Lesbian, Gay, and Queer Film and Video
- Asian Americans and Media
- Gender and Global Cinema
- Media and Nationalism
- Brazilian Cinema
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 698 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- You must achieve a minimum GPA of 3.00 in the "a–g" courses.
- Non-residents must earn a minimum GPA of 3.40.
- Take the ACT Plus Writing or the SAT with Essay
- The ACT Assessment plus the ACT Writing Test or the SAT with critical reading, mathematics, and writing scores from the same sitting.
- Proof of English Proficiency
International29754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29754 USD per year during 48 months.
National29754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29754 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State13989 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13989 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Santa Cruz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.