Courses offered by the Accounting Department are designed to expose students to a wide range of issues related to analyzing and interpreting financial information. Emphasis is also placed on the use of accounting information both within the organization for managerial decision-making and outside the organization for investment decision-making. The Accounting Department also offers opportunities for experiential learning through both summer and winter internships, which are highly compensated.
The Accounting curriculum covers all the traditional educational experience areas necessary for entry into the accounting profession:
- Financial Accounting – Study of accounting issues as they relate to published financial statements.
- Managerial Accounting – Study of the techniques for decision-making using accounting information
- Taxes and Assurance Services – Many of our accounting graduates embark on careers in the field of Public Accounting, specializing in either taxes or assurance services which allows them to obtain the experience necessary to qualify as a CPA after completion of the CPA examination. All Big 4 public accounting firms and all regional and local public accounting firms view UConn as a primary accounting recruiting school.
Students majoring in accounting may choose a curriculum that prepares them for professional examinations which are part of the certification procedures that lead to designation as a Certified Public Account (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA). Students at University of Connecticut preparing for the CPA examination should also apply for the Master of Science in Accounting program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Principles of Managerial Accounting
- Introduction to a Profession
- Intermediate Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Federal Income Taxes
- Advanced Accounting
- Assurance Services
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Accounting View 1889 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A completed international first-year application includes:
- A Completed Common Application or Coalition Application
- $80 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- Essay & Two Optional Letters of Recommendation
- Official Secondary School Transcripts
- Standardized Test (Optional)
- English Proficiency Requirement
- Fine Arts Applicants
- Special Program Applicants
International37074 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37074 USD per year during 48 months.
National37074 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37074 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State14406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14406 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Storrs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.