Our Drama faculty at Washington University in St. Louis are highly accomplished directors, actors, designers and playwrights who are devoted to the mission of university teaching. Our scholarly theater and performance studies faculty are world-recognized leaders in their fields with extensive publishing, editing, and lecturing credentials.
In all areas of drama at Washington University, students are encouraged to take the lead in artistic creation, problem solving, collaboration, and scholarly research. Our students act, write for, direct, design, and manage major productions. They delve into archives and library stacks, and communicate their findings in speech and writing, gaining intellectual self-confidence and independence. In every aspect of our work, the drama faculty provide challenges and guidance for students with a mind toward their self-realization as artists, thinkers, and leaders.
- Introduction to Theater Production
- Acting I: Fundamentals of Acting
- Fundamentals of Directing
- Theater Culture Studies: From Antiquity to Renaissance
- Theater Culture Studies: From Renaissance to Romanticism
- Theater Culture Studies: From Melodrama to Modernism
- Dramaturgical Workshop
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 1381 other Bachelors in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- School Report and Official Transcript
- Teacher Evaluation
- Counselor Recommendation
- Self-reported or official SAT or ACT scores. See our one-year test optional policy for applicants in 2021.
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test for students whose first language is not English
- Portfolio (required for students applying to the College of Art, strongly encouraged for students applying to the College of Architecture.) The portfolio should be submitted using SlideRoom.
International59420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59420 USD per year during 48 months.
National59420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59420 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Saint Louis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.