The Bachelor of Science in Nuclear and Radiological Engineering provides maximum flexibility in the form of options for each student to develop his or her unique interests and capabilities.
The core curriculum covers the basic principles of nuclear engineering, nuclear reactor core design, reactor systems engineering, nuclear power economics, reactor operations, radiation sources and detection instruments, radiation transport, radiation protection, criticality safety, regulatory requirements, and radioactive materials management.
Program Educational Objectives
The program educational objectives at Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) reflect the needs of the program's constituencies and have been reviewed and validated by our constituents:
- NRE graduates will positively contribute to nuclear and radiological engineering and related fields.
- NRE graduates will conduct themselves with the highest professional and ethical principles that include considerations of public safety and the environment.
- NRE graduates will engage in life long learning through graduate and continuing education, professional development acvitites, or other career apprpropiate options.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nuclear and Radiological Engineering
- Elements of Nuclear and Radiological Engineering
- Experimental Nuclear Reactor Physics.
- Nuclear Radiation Detection
- Radiation Protection Engineering
- Radiation Physics
- Conduction and Radiation Heat Transfer
- Nuclear Reactor Theory
- Reactor Engineering
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 87 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts for each year of secondary school study completed
- Predicted IB scores are strongly recommended
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- There is no minimum IB score needed to apply, but to be competitive, students should have mostly scores of 6 and 7.
- Higher Level Math and Sciences courses are encouraged but not required to be competitive for admission.
International31370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31370 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National31370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31370 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State10258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10258 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.