Art History courses at University of Southern California consider a variety of objects from different historical periods, places and cultures in relation to their makers, patrons, viewers and critics. Majors are exposed to a diversity of theoretical approaches and encouraged to sharpen their critical and conceptual thinking skills. Many Art History majors decide to pursue a graduate degree in Art History, either in museum studies or in a particular historical field within the discipline.
The Department of Art History faculty at USC maintains strong ties with local and national institutions, thereby enhancing its ability to place departmental majors wishing to pursue a career in a museum, auction house, art gallery, or other arts organizations. Art History graduates are well prepared for jobs in public relations, entertainment, education, journalism, publishing, business, and law.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Western Art
- Art and Society: Renaissance to Modern
- Arts of Asia: Antiquity to 1300
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt History View 838 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.