When you choose a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English at Creighton University, you choose a pathway to English studies that you can use to your benefit in a range of ways.
Your experience will encompass a wide range of critical perspectives. You’ll not only learn about linguistics, rhetoric and composition, but also explore the literature of other nations, both in English and in translation.
Committed and inspirational faculty members encourage and enable you to foster your writing, communication, creative and analytical skills. You will cultivate a detailed understanding of literature and culture, a broad perspective on human issues, and an approach to work and human interactions based on the Jesuit values of social justice and commitment to service.
Graduates with Creighton’s BA in English regularly go to law and medical school. In fact, surveys show that law and medical schools prefer English majors to many others. Others go to graduate school in English studies and creative writing, but also begin fulfilling careers almost any field that requires strong skills in communication, analysis and creativity.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Interpreting Texts
- Entering a Professional Dialogue
- Senior Project
- Literatures and Histories
- American Literature/American Identity
- English Literature I: Medieval/Early Renaissance
- English Literature II: Late Renaissance/Neo-Classical
- English Literature III: Romantic/Victorian
- American Literature I: Beginning To Civil War
- American Literature II: 1860-1914
- English And American Literature: 1914 To The Present
- Introduction to Native American Literature
- Western Literature of the United States
- Literature and the Environment
- The Roaring Twenties
- Introduction To African Literature
- African-American Literature
- Literature Of Francophone Africa
- The Thirties
- Women in Literature
- Utopian Literature
- Popular Literature
- Canadian Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 2634 other Bachelors in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Creighton University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Essay or personal statement
- Highschool transcript
- Letters of recommendation
- Proof of English literacy
- ACT or SAT exam scores
International43684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43684 USD per year during 48 months.
National43684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43684 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Omaha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.