Through theoretical course work and practical experience during the School of Dramatic Arts’ rigorous production season, students are immersed in the design process and eventual construction, implementation and installation of the scenic, lighting, projection and sound elements of production.The Technical Direction program is offered at University of Southern California.
Students begin exploring the skills acquired in the classroom through assignments on productions as early as their first year of enrollment. The School’s ambitious season of productions are design, built and managed by students under the supervision of a professional staff of designers and theatre technicians.
The BFA is a professional degree program, which offers a conservatory approach to training. This degree emphasizes practical experience in addition to traditional course work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Acting
- Text Studies for Production
- Introduction to Theatrical Production
- The Art of Theatrical Design
- Theory and Practice of World Theatre
- Costume Construction
- Stage Lighting
- Stage Sound
- Methods and Materials
- Scene Design
- Lighting Design
- Stage Management
- Scenic Construction
- Theatre Practicum
- Advanced Theatrical Drafting
- Scene Painting
- Technical Theatre
- Directed Research
- Periods and Styles
- Advanced Theatre Practicum
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Theatre & Dance View 1341 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The following materials are required in order to be considered for admission in the USC School of Dramatic Arts.
- Current picture or headshot
- Drama resumeYour resume should include any and all production activities. If you would like, you may also add any other non-production work or volunteer experience.
- Statement of PurposeYour statement should respond to the prompts outlined in SlideRoom and should be limited to no more than 750 words.
- Schedule Portfolio Review
- Non-refundable audition fee of $46
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.