Students learn a combination of technical, management and design training — as well as are introduced to sound recording and mixing, and receive hands-on experience sound designing for the School of Dramatic Arts’ theatrical season.The Sound Design program is offered at University of Southern California.
Students begin exploring the skills acquired in the classroom through assignments on productions as early as their first year of enrollment. The School’s ambitious season of productions are design and built by students under the supervision of a professional staff of designers and theatre technicians.
The BFA is a professional degree program, which offers a conservatory approach to training. This degree emphasizes practical experience in addition to traditional course work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fundamentals of Audio Recording
- Critical Listening
- Fundamentals of Audio Engineering
- Digital Equipment and Recording
- Introduction to Sound Reinforcement
- Introduction to Acting
- Text Studies for Production
- Introduction to Theatrical Production
- The Art of Theatrical Design
- Theory & Practice of World Theatre
- Stage Sound
- Methods and Materials
- Lighting Design
- Stage Management
- Introduction to Sound Design
- Theatre Practicum
- Advanced Theatrical Drafting
- Sound for Theatre
- Advanced Sound Design
- Advanced Theatre Practicum
- Scene Design
- Costume Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Music Theatre & Dance View 742 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The following materials are required in order to be considered for admission in the USC School of Dramatic Arts.
- Current picture or headshot
- Drama resumeYour resume should include any and all production activities. If you would like, you may also add any other non-production work or volunteer experience.
- Statement of PurposeSchedule Portfolio Review
- Non-refundable audition fee of $46
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.