Candidates for the Visual and Performing Arts Studies degree must complete the university general education requirements in addition to the courses in the major. Students in this major complete a core of required courses that provides them with a broad understanding of the various disciplines. The work in the major is completed by choosing courses from a wide array of course offerings from all the participating schools. A total of 128 units is required for completion of the degree.
General Education Requirements
The university's general education program provides a coherent, integrated introduction to the breadth of knowledge you will need to consider yourself (and to be considered by other people) a generally well-educated person. This program requires six courses in different categories, plus writing, foreign language and diversity requirements, which together comprise the University of Southern California Core.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Western Art
- Intensive Survey: Prehistory to the Present
- History of the American Film, 1946–1975
- Historical Approaches to Dance
- Visual Culture and Literacy
- Music and Culture
- Text Studies for Production
- City Cine: Visuality, Media and Urban Experience
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 1958 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.