If you believe the saying “don’t judge a book by its cover”, you should definitively believe you shouldn’t judge a country where you could study in by its language.
Thing is: Europe is a beautiful continent, full of great opportunities and English Bachelor’s degree programmes, so to just limit yourself to the U.K., just because they speak the language and because you really want to know what “crumpets” are is a shame.
So, because we want everybody to experience a true “international” experience, we made this nifty list of countries that have the most English-taught Bachelors in Europe.
1. English-taught Bachelors in Germany
Germany is one of Europe’s educational forces to be reckoned with. With its high rate of international students and great universities, Germany is always on the list of great destinations for undergraduate studies.
Because we’re so nice and helpful, and we want to see you studying in Germany and eating schnitzels, we can recommend some of the most popular universities there, like:
- HTK - Academy of Design, in Berlin
- Macromedia University of Applied Sciences, in München
- MetFilm School Berlin, in Berlin
- University of Applied Sciences Europe - BiTS and BTK, in Berlin
- Hochschule Fulda - University of Applied Sciences, in Fulda
If these universities aren’t your pitcher of beer, then you should definitively check some awesome fields in Germany, like:
- Bachelors in Computer Science & IT in Germany
- Bachelors in Economics in Germany
- Bachelors in Business Administration in Germany
2. English-taught Bachelors in Greece
You may be shocked to find Greece on this list, but don’t underestimate this white and blue country, with one of the most iconic mythologies in the world.
Before you get started learning Greek (and finding out that ‘dinosaur’ means ‘terrible lizard’), you should know that universities here, like European Public Law Organization, host some great English-taught Bachelor’s degrees.
Of course, because you can’t study a degree on how to become a true Spartan (unfortunately), you can always check other fields, like:
- Bachelors in Computer Science & IT in Greece
- Bachelors in Business Administration in Greece
- Bachelors in Finance in Greece
3. English-taught Bachelors in the Netherlands
Honestly, seeing how complicated Dutch is, having English Bachelor’s degrees is a blessing in disguise.
The Netherlands, is one of the most innovative countries of 2017, according to U.N., and it raised to the top of the international destinations list and stayed there long enough to form some great study options, like:
- Bachelors in Business Administration in the Netherlands
- Bachelors in Computer Science & IT in the Netherlands
- Bachelors in Economics in the Netherlands
- Bachelors in Psychology in the Netherlands
- Bachelors in Liberal Arts in the Netherlands
But, if these aren’t the fields you’re the most interested in, you can totally check some great international universities, like:
- HAN University of Applied Sciences, in Nijmegen
- HAS University of Applied Sciences, in 's-Hertogenbosch
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences, in Leeuwarden
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht, in Utrecht
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, in Amsterdam
4. English-taught Bachelors in Poland
Poland is the 9th largest country in Europe and, because of that, it has some of the best and most Bachelor’s degrees in English on the continent.
Home to 17 Nobel prize winners, the quality of education is one of the greatest. It isn’t a coincidence that 90% of Polish people completed at least secondary education, seeing how good the universities are. For instance, some of the most popular international organisations in Poland are:
- University of Gdansk, in Gdansk
- University of Information Technology and Management, in Rzeszów
- Poznan University of Technology, in Poznan
- Jagiellonian University, in Kraków
- University of Wroclaw, in Wroclaw
Also, some of the students’ most favourite study options here are:
- Bachelors in Computer Science & IT in Poland
- Bachelors in Language Studies in Poland
- Bachelors in Finance in Poland
- Bachelors in Business Administration in Poland
- Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in Poland
5. English-taught Bachelors in Spain
Spain, in an ironic twist of fate, has less Spanish speakers than the U.S., and some of the most Bachelor’s taught in English.
Seeing how awesome education is in Spain, then you should definitively check some universities, like:
- Cardinal Herrera University (CEU), in Valencia
- IE University, in Segovia
- Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, in Barcelona
- CETT School of Tourism, Hospitality and Gastronomy - Universitat de Barcelona, in Barcelona
- Carlos III University of Madrid, in Madrid
Also check out some of the Spanish universities offering online Bachelors:
If these universities aren’t in your favourite cities, then you can search for your favourite degree in fields like:
- Bachelors in Business Administration in Spain
- Bachelors in International Relations in Spain
- Bachelors in International Business in Spain
- Bachelors in Education in Spain
6. English-taught Bachelors in Turkey
I can make you fall in love with Turkey with only four words: Turkey gives us Nutella! If you’re on a diet or prefer popcorn, you can always fall in love with Turkey for its great education and its awesome culture and architecture.
As an international student, you should definitively check out these universities for your undergraduate degree:
- Ozyegin University, in Istanbul
- Bilkent University, in Ankara
- Sabanci University, in Istanbul
- Istanbul Aydin University, in Istanbul
- Istanbul Altinbas University, in Istanbul
Also, Turkey has some of the most popular and versatile study options in Europe. So, if you come here for your student years, you should definitively check some:
- Bachelors in Economics in Turkey
- Bachelors in Architecture in Turkey
- Bachelors in Business Administration in Turkey
- Bachelors in Psychology in Turkey
- Bachelors in International Relations in Turkey
The development of English-taught Bachelor’s degrees was a gateway for international students to enjoy and explore more during their undergraduate experience. Playing it safe and not going on a great adventure because you would feel more comfortable studying in your own language won’t be half as fun or as exciting. You might also discover what Master's degree you want to study. Or discover the top-ranked universities in Europe.
So, whatever you decide, always remember to have fun and good luck!