History
We have been teaching students at our main Wrexham campus since 1887, when we were known as the Wrexham School of Science and Art. We began offering degrees in 1924 and became the Denbighshire Technical Institute in 1927, moving to Regent Street, which now houses our arts and design courses.
In 2008, we gained university status as Glyndwr University, and in 2023 we rebranded as Wrexham University.