The BA in Fashion Design Technology: Menswear (Hons) at the University of the Arts London (UAL) offers a creative approach to the design and realisation of contemporary menswear. Technical skills including innovative cutting, fabric sourcing and construction are taught alongside core skills in research, design, communication and presentation.
Why choose this course at London College of Fashion
- Where graduates have gone on to work: graduates of this course have worked for high-end fashion companies such as Burberry, Lanvin, Chanel, Bernhard Willhelm, and Charles Jeffery, as well as within commercial brands such as Topman, Adidas and Zara.
- Industry links: students will have the opportunity to undertake live projects with global brands to help develop an understanding of how companies operate. Students can undertake an industry placement as part of the course with established and emerging companies both at home and abroad.
- Skill development: students graduate with a wide range of skills in both design and realisation. This allows them to enter the industry in both design and technical fields. Graduates have gone on to work as menswear designers, design freelancers, product developers, pattern cutters, studio managers and have also established their own brands.
Many graduates prefer to seek employment as soon as they have completed their undergraduate studies. Graduates such as JW Anderson, Palomo Spain, Carl Jan Cruiz, and John Skelton have set up successful global brands since graduation.
Graduates also secure design positions in companies ranging from high end companies such as Chanel, Lanvin, Acne Studios or high street brand such as Topman Designs, Asos, Zara etc.
The technical aspects of the course allow students to pursue careers such as garment technologists, machinists and studio managers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design and Realisation
- Fashion Cultures and Histories
- Form and Structure
- Better Lives
- Collaborative Project
- Work Experience
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 191 other Masters in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
One or a combination of the following accepted full level 3 qualifications.
- Two A Level Passes at Grade C or above (preferred subjects include, Art, Design, English, Maths);
- a Pass at Foundation Diploma in Art and Design;
- Merit, Pass, Pass at BTEC Extended Diploma in Art & Design;
- Pass at UAL Extended Diploma;
- an Access Diploma or 64 new UCAS tariff points from the Access to HE Diploma;
- 64 new UCAS tariff points (equivalent to 160 old UCAS tariff points) from a combination of the above qualifications or an equivalent full Level 3 qualification;
- or equivalent EU or non-EU qualifications such as International Baccalaureate Diploma;
- and three GCSE passes at grade A*-C or grade 9-4.
Entry to this course will also be determined by assessment of your portfolio.
International22920 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22920 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.